"I know my darkness, that i may befriend my darkness and feel enmity no more" -- DFM

Saturday 28 November 2009

Nietzsche

These words are not my own
--

i must admit



They belong to an archaic land


of scarcely discernible vagueness



Fantastically beautiful!


Faithfully preserved in obscurity



Of feeble-minds, absurb and

Positively crazy!



‘Transform every moment into poetry


with pain, tears, anxiety, astonishment, delight!’



Dream of higher certainties!


Elegant deductions need go no further.



What nomenclature of the unconscious --


Partly achieved, partly abandoned



What wish to sleep


Can find the Jewel



-of flamed treasure


Beneath the hearth


-of the cults of Antiquity?


Those citadels of femininity



What vulgar or poetic joke


Enfeebles me?



Inwardly restrained knowing without effect?


Am I but the epitome of compendia?



Or -- immoderation of critical effusion?


Nay! -- I am the Socratic malady (approaching insanity)



How many minds -- systematically perverted

Through toil in the factories of 'common utility'



in the reflexivity of mental distanciation


Inborn grayheadedness, if you will.



Would not Narcolepsy


Better suit such 'teachers of purpose'?

No comments:

Post a Comment