"I know my darkness, that i may befriend my darkness and feel enmity no more" -- DFM

Tuesday 23 February 2010

A poema



Meanings can be hollowed
-- Like loves can be lost

Those pills that we swallowed
-- Ingested at what cost?

Bitter nights of loneliness
-- Upon our pillows – weep

Yet only in our lonesomeness
-- Our precious secrets keep

Their magic is ineffable
-- Though the poet needs-must tell

The charm of the incredible
-- & the beauty of banal

So walk with me a moment
-- Amongst these flimsy flowers

Amidst the fog of clemency
-- Towards the higher power

of words written for words sake
-- and the breath of the infinite

for there you will find sweet sand you can rake
-- in your garden, so so recondite

To the purveyors of time & space &
--Mediocrity.

And as thus, it should be
-- A secret to both you and me

Neither known
Nor unknown

Merely unthought.
Like the leaves of a tree
(yet to be seen).


No comments:

Post a Comment