"I know my darkness, that i may befriend my darkness and feel enmity no more" -- DFM

Saturday 12 December 2009

12th Dec, 2009


The prospect of goodbye

Wallows within me

Like the blackness of

A cold night sky

Tense and unfriendly

Moods change & so do loves

Yet this love

Threatens to contain me

Like a devouring monster

Found in the forest of fear

Creaking and coursing

Through the stream of

Foreign tears

Strolling down the contours

Of the world’s need to peer

Out of vacuous spaces

& lonely memories of years

gone by, with so little to show

‘cept the perennial change of gear

to a slower pace of life

where more moments are shared

between fonder eyes and air

particularly those handsome

twists of hair

atop your furrowed head

that bespeak a finer grasp

of natures blessed share

in the tragicomedy of

the romantic vision

beatific songs sung

in the slender tone

of my eternal despair.

You were mine

For a transcended moment

The stars danced for me

Though they have now

All but disappeared

Save in the dying corpse

Of my unending, all-

Forgiving cares.

1 comment:

  1. When i first read it I was taken back a little by the length. The words inside the passage are needed and shouldn't be cut down. So glad I found it. The part about,

    Like the blackness of

    A cold night sky

    Tense and unfriendly, t'was soft and subtle yet to the point.

    ReplyDelete