"I know my darkness, that i may befriend my darkness and feel enmity no more" -- DFM

Thursday 3 December 2009

Nov 21st

I am the tightrope spun across the abyss

I am a becoming

My life is mine alone to risk

Mine in overcoming

Contradictions that sit uncomfortably

Within the ravenous mine

Hollows of impregnation

Sunyata – the pregnant mime

‘Others’ will always eat off finer tables

Devour more beastly feasts

they have every right to do so

Forget your envy – for it is misplaced

Who do you see in those projections?

Certainly not the interior of those souls

Whose images we desecrate

In our demolishing hunger

For more distractions

Other lives to lead

Whilst these tortured ones

Go around thinking that

Because a mass of lost souls

Responded to the pain in their work

That they were somehow above

Existential angst.

What angst must it be though

That forces one to annihilate

One’s sacred privacy

& authenticity

By inviting the world to

Look at you

You forget to really

Look at yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment