"I know my darkness, that i may befriend my darkness and feel enmity no more" -- DFM

Wednesday 9 December 2009

Graduation


Waking up in Joseph Reuben's bed with David Reuben practicing algebra and ordering sandwichs next door...it has been an eventful day. Accompanying Marques Toliver to his rehearsal with good friends in Williamsburg and catching up with people previously met in London with Daisy Lowe. I'm just name dropping because its what this narcissistic blog thing demands it seems. Anyway, found out i got a distinction in my masters at Essex last academic year...slight anti-climax, but the celebrations continue...its great to know that the world cannot deny my capacity to think...but i am well aware of the flipside (my unthinkingness)....only too well do i know how everyhting has its flipside. So i got a distinction in my understanding of a mere fragment of philosophy (Nietzsche) and pretty much the whole of psychoanalysis (Freud)....but this means i must get a distinction in my stupidity too. This year has been a wealth of paradox....and now in my MSc at Birkbeck, i get to write about paradox in Jung's model of the psyche...which is turning out to be quite laborious reading...though that could be the jetlag.

Dinner with MT's lawyer and close friend tonight, then to Frooz's with Ashley and Marques....to CELEBRATE, though not to hang myself on the rope of self-indulgence.

Thank you life for throwing me these small superiorities...they are all we have to sustain us through the barren deserts in inferiority when we are so delicately composed, we warriors!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment