"I know my darkness, that i may befriend my darkness and feel enmity no more" -- DFM

Thursday 4 March 2010

Consolation


Approaching this …

An unnameable
                                                         Purposive
                   Anguish,
                                      I am reminded
How all the little separations:
                   When you go to the studio
                                                                                               For a ‘shoot’
                                                                                                                  Or off into the land of virtual alterity
(When I,
 like a nursling babe,
must tolerate the absence of some object of my desire)

                                                                            Prepares­ me for the most seismic rift becoming us.

Nausea becomes me as I contemplate that disunion;
                                                                                                                                                        Metaphysics can’t help me then.  Then I will crumble into millions of little pieces; tears to wash away the debris.  There will be nothing left.  No-thing will behold me,
                                                                                                                                                                           Cherish me,
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Love me.

It will be like someone untied that balloon and let it float away and I could only watch it getting further and further out of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment