"I know my darkness, that i may befriend my darkness and feel enmity no more" -- DFM

Monday 1 March 2010

Facebook Dialogues

Ducks Fly Moon the journey from isolation to relatedness, from internal chaos to the development of a coherent internal world, points to the healing aspects of the psyche, which can be set in motion when psychotherapy in a safe and containing setting is provided (Brian Feldman)


Shupiwe Savanna
Shupiwe Savanna
I wish you could be part of a debate i am having on one of my mate's pages. On whether or not you can choose happiness or if its a result of your immediate environment. One guy is saying happiness is simple a choice you make regardless of your reality. I think if thats true then happiness is about ignoring certain things around you. Now how does that relate to your point ........ Well isnt happines a coherent inner self? Mmmmmmm......
2 hours ago ·
Ducks Fly Moon
Ducks Fly Moon
Its not my point. It's Jungian Psychoanalyst Brian Feldman's point...but it resonates with me. I think you are right Shupiwe...trust yourself
about an hour ago ·
Kelly Boyd
jeees my head hurts!!!.....:-)))
Yesterday at 7:22pm ·
Pauline Mellor
Pauline Mellor
God I was thinking the exact same thing Kel!!
Yesterday at 9:36pm ·
Ducks Fly Moon
Ducks Fly Moon
don't read em if you got nothing sensible to say!
Yesterday at 9:59pm ·
Kelly Boyd
Kelly Boyd
it was but a jest...sorry i'm not intellectual enough to respond in a sensible manner...it was a dig at myself...but hey thanks for your comment!!! Happy days.x
11 hours ago ·
Ducks Fly Moon
Ducks Fly Moon
Jest: to fool around, play a practical joke, tease,

In jest: as a joke, playfully, frivolously

These would be good descriptions of my status' also.... See More

Apologies for the miscommunication. My 'don't read em if you got nothing sensible to say' was also in jest.

Hope all is forgiven.
x
7 hours ago ·

Ducks Fly Moon Bollas argues that only in hating the other can certain people discover a true relation to the object, a fact that requires them to conserve rather than destroy the other...finding meaning through hate...


Shupiwe Savanna
Shupiwe Savanna
Wow....what would buddhists make of that. I know that to be true. I am there! But whilst you do fine meaning, its perhaps not the best form of meaning which is a problem. Its the type of meaning that slowlys eats your soul, like hatred is acid and your soul is dunked into it. So perhaps it might've been wiser to find meaning in more positive ways....
2 hours ago ·
Jonathan Davidoff
Jonathan Davidoff
I have a motto: 'The one who doesn't moan and complain, doesn't enjoy'. I think it's a well hate-tinged object relation to everything basically. But I quite like it... hahaha
Bollas is right.
about an hour ago · 

Ducks Fly Moon It is a fact of life that a lot of the time we have to do things we don't really want to do out of consideration for other people. -EW


Moeva Rinaldo
Moeva Rinaldo
one way of looking at it....
Yesterday at 11:38am ·
Shupiwe Savanna
Shupiwe Savanna
Yes and no. Sometimes isn't it out of consideration for ourselves? So for about 50 hours a week we "work" for "money" so we can have "stuff"? Why's that then? Are we not happiest when we can control our time? Well I am anyway. I am happiest when what I do is my choice and not a forced thing. So to make me happy I would be able to go to work ... See Morewhenever I want. And not forced to be there everyday at 8am. Ditto with home time and hols. Ah you can dream....(Ps been watchin entire season of father ted hence topic of interest! They sit around and do bugger all!)
Yesterday at 12:29pm ·
Ducks Fly Moon
Ducks Fly Moon
glad i created some responses...was just sharing some wisdom from my treasured elders


Ducks Fly Moon 'The greatest things than man[kind] has done, he owes to the painful sense of incompleteness of his destiny' muses Madame de Stael (1985)

6 hours ago Only Friends · ·

Ducks Fly Moon

Ducks Fly Moon welcomes any and all comments on his status...but if its tongue-in-cheek, facetious, jocular, glib, sardonic, sportive, droll or jocose, it won't go unnoticed and i am likely to respond appropriately. That said, my response will be relative to the comments made and henceforth delivered with love.

7 hours ago Only Friends · ·
Rosanna Durham
Rosanna Durham
the love ballon. x
7 hours ago ·

Ducks Fly Moon Captioning by...Adam Phillips 'On Kissing, Tickling & Being Bored' with quotes from Emerson, Cavell & Wittgenstein!

Yesterday at 11:05pm · · · Share

Ducks Fly Moon

Ducks Fly Moon is changing his status so his family members head's don't hurt!!

Yesterday at 9:59pm Only Friends · Ducks Fly Moon

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this new kind of contemporary literature genre... The true meaning of litterature, to quote Mr. Joyce

    ReplyDelete